Spiritual Nutrition: Feeding the Body, Nourishing the Spirit
“Spiritual Nutrition transcends all cultural borders. It is a part of the original spiritual teachings in every country in the world; in every faith all the way back to the ancient Essenes and the wisdom of the Rishis masters of India, regardless of our creed or culture. It was given to all of us as a tool, a step on the path to Enlightenment.” ~ W.Kacera
As we enter the Aquarius Age for the next 2000 yrs its influence is all about embracing our feminine power even for men and an issue many of us face at some point in our lives is our relationship with food.
The human being is like a diamond complete with many facets, emotions, body, mind and spirit. These aspects can be united through a variety of approaches including through the experience of eating.
Our relationship with food and eating is symbolic of how we approach everything in our lives. Do you eat convenience foods because you are always on the run? Maybe you need to address what you are running from, what you really need to make time for or what your focus needs to be? Or do you eat alone, secretly especially if you are feeling emotional. If so what need expressing, who do you need to surround yourself with.
When we want to make a significant change in our life one way to do this is by choosing specific foods to support that change. Foods and eating present a powerful way to begin and support a shift for the whole self since eating occurs every day many times a day
But rather than experience a deeper level of understanding about the foods our body needs for growth and maintenance we get fixated on quick fix tools so is it any wonder that the diet approach to eating is a roller coaster of disappointment.
When actually the answers lie within us, when we pay attention to what our body requires and we view foods as healing entities we get right to the heart of why we have manifested chronic disease or eating dysfunctions.
So with the chakra food plan not only can you keep yourself at a healthy balanced weight you can increase your energy, inspire creative changes, open your heart and heal your body.
What is a Chakra? There are many ways of interpreting what a chakra is. Simply put, it is a wheel of energy or “vortex” spinning or drawing in energy to keep the spiritual, mental, emotional and physical health of the body in balance. There are also colors associated with each chakra.
Food & Spirit™ refers to the chakras as different aspects of oneself. In addition to hormone glands being tied to each aspect, certain parts of our anatomy, bodily functions, and foods are also associated with different aspects. There are also non-physical attributes identified with each aspect such as feelings, personality traits, thoughts, purpose, connection, power, safety, and relationships.
We all have chakras, 7 major spinning wheels of energy that run through the midline of the body, they are an excellent gage of how we are responding to our environment on a subtle level.
So we look at the 7 chakras or energy centres here are a few examples of being out of balance
1) Root Chakra/Base Chakra: is all about survival, protection, groundedness. It looks after our adrenal glands, muscular skeletal system, nervous system. OUT BALANCE you may not extract any pleasure from eating, prefers to eat alone, opinionated, people can’t seem to get through to them, doesn’tfeel settled in any surrounding, susceptible to pain swelling redness esp in lower body, skin irruptions, immune system is hyper vigilant possible autoimmune
2) Sacral Chakra: The Flow is all about Emotions – Creativity, relationships, movement. Energy center of the ovaries, reproductive system urinary tract, endocrine glands. Out of balance may eat when doesn’t feel safe to express emotions or when feeling numb or bored. Tends to avoid relationships, fear of intimacy.
3) Solar Plexus Fire Chakra is all about power, energy, transformations and self-esteem. It’s our energy center for the pancreas, digestive system, and metabolism. Some may perceive as lazy or unmotivated, poor self-esteem and lack of initiative or may run on high energy teeters on the point of burn-out. may see food as punishment rather than reward.
4) Heart Chakra –Love and Energy center this is all about gratitude, sharing, service. It is our energy center for your lungs, heart, breasts, thumus and lymphatic system. Difficulty for forgiving self and others, lacks passion or can be overly passionate about everything. may eat foods that give a sense of comfort, avoids green leafy salads, avoids vegetables.
5) Throat Chakra is all about Truth – speaking authentically, expression, choice, it is the energy center for the throat, thyroid glands, teeth and healthy mucous secretion. Out spoken would rather talk than listen or gets embarrassed when talking their views. prefers juices soups sauces fruits,
6) The Third eye Chakra, Insight – intuition – wisdom, mindfulness, Energy center for our pituitary master gland which connects to the thyroid, adrenals, ovaries, memory, brain, moods, imagination. Becomes overly obsessed, lives in their mind in their web of thoughts or avoids too much thought or doesn’t have the capability to think deeply, may crave alcohol or crave chocolate.
7) Crown Chakra Insight – is all about spirit, connection, purification, clarification. Energy center for the pineal gland which connects to themes of clarity spirituality, light. Doesn’t feel connected to life, doesn’t see life as special or is overly sensitive to life put meaning to everything, will only eat organic and feels terrible if they do not or no comprehension or a toxic food thinks organic is a waste of money.