How Does The Fertility Method Work
I take a Holistic approach to mind-body medicine by using a combination of therapies to promote positive well-being on the whole person. Viewing health as more than just a physical issue is not a new concept, it is widely accepted that the mind and body are connected through our thoughts, emotions and behaviors. By exploring our current state of health through our mental, spiritual, emotional and physical well-being can bring about positive long lasting changes.
What is hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a trance state induced through focusing attention on thoughts, feelings, images, sounds or sensations. This is a normal natural state that everyone can access. Hypnotherapy uses this deep state of relaxation to create change on an unconscious level, using visualisations, suggestions and any other analytical tools.
How can hypnotherapy help fertility?
Hypnotherapy is one of the most effective ways of fertile body method to reduce stress and increase feelings of calmness and relaxation. Hypnosis can also help to restore confidence in yourself and your body. Being in a state of hypnosis can give you access to your unconscious mind, this can be useful as a means to resolve any issues or unconscious blocks that may be affecting your ability to conceive and become a parent. Hypnotherapy can help boost natural conception by reducing stress and restoring a state of mental, emotional and physical balance and wellbeing.
IVF, ICSI and other medical treatments
The state of hypnosis makes positive visualisation much easier and more effective too. If you are about to start an assisted fertility cycle, hypnotherapy can help you to feel mentally, emotionally and physically prepared. Hypnotherapy is a very powerful way to overcome any fears or phobias you may have which may be impacting on your treatment. E.g fear of it not working, fear of injections, fear of childbirth.
Relaxation techniques and visualisation for IVF help to increase the effectiveness of the treatment, and studies have shown that when hypnosis is used during embryo transfer it doubles the successful outcome of the treatment. Hypnotherapy can help to support you through each stage of the treatment, and can offer you some very simple tools that can help you to deal with any difficult or challenging moments.
Resolve issues which may be preventing conception (unconscious or conscious resistance)
- Overcome fears about pregnancy, birth, parenthood
- Conflict of work vs family
- Concerns about relationship
- Past trauma
- Previous miscarriage, stillbirth or birth trauma
- Unresolved issues from childhood
- Issues with own femininity / masculinity
Prepare for conception
- Make necessary lifestyle changes, diet, smoking, alcohol, exercise
- See yourself as parents
- Improve sexual relationship
- Restoring menstrual health, or sperm mobility and count
Prepare for IVF treatment
- Prepare mentally, emotionally and physically
- Feel more relaxed in control
- Decrease negativity and excessive worry
- Overcome fears
- Positive visualisation
- Decrease any negative side effects of the treatment
- Learn self help tools to maintain the changes you have made
- Support if you do conceive, to help you carry baby to full term
- Support if treatment fails
- Support to make decisions about options for parenthood